Monday, May 13, 2013

Summer Water Recipe


Water, water, water. I'm personally a big fan, but I know many of you don't like drinking it straight. We've all heard that we should be drinking 6-8oz. glasses per day for optimal health. When you are dehydrated, your metabolism slows down, you get sluggish, lose energy, increase your chances of allergies, possibly get headaches, not to mention your skin cells don't stay plump. It just isn't pretty all around. So I suggest you find a flavor of water you can drink, especially as the weather warms up.

I just came across this invigorating water recipe, and as soon as I buy my ginger, I'll give it a try. I like to add berries, lemon or cucumber slices and mint leaves (like the Four Seasons Hotels do in their lobbies). But I haven't tried this combo. Lemon for vitamin C and to reduce feelings of hunger. Ginger to help release toxins from the skin and body, aid in digestion and also reduce appetite. Cucumber works to keep your skin and body hydrated, and Mint helps calm the digestive system.
 
                  Boost Water
  • To a gallon of water add:
  • 1/2 juice of half a lemon
  • 1/2 a cucumber thinly sliced
  • 1/4t ginger paste from a tube or fresh ginger root sliced
  • 1 sprig of mint
Slice the remaining lemon and add to the water along with cucumber, ginger and mint.
Find 35 more fun water recipes to try here.

No comments: