Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sumner and Soccer

Thanks to all the friendly faces who stopped by my booth at the Sumner Arts Festival. I always enjoy this show - it's a long two days, but it seems to go fast when there's so much to see, sell and buy. On my breaks (thanks to my hubby watching my booth now and then) I checked out the stores. Fall merchandise was out and I could smell the spiced apple, pumpkin pie and other scented candles and potpourri coming into the street air from the various storefronts. It was fabulous, and reminded me that school is about to start. Fall is close behind. The grass is already slowing down its growth. Time for enjoying warm fires, sweaters, hot coffee and evenings with family and friends indoors.

It also means soccer, and lots of it. Both my daughers play. My youngest has a tournament this weekend and I will be there in my folding chair just like last year. It has started. For those soccer moms out there, you know what I mean. Practices, carpools, games and tournaments, extra laundry, photos, lost socks, and chatting with other parents amidst cheers for our kids as they shoot for the goal. It's all worth it. Give your soccer star a cute picture pendant when they win their first game or make it through their first tournament. Or maybe put one away for their stocking this Christmas. Let me know. They are popular right now.

1 comment:

The Beading Gem said...

You're lucky to have hubby mind the booth! I'm part of a group of artisans (The Bead Sisterhood) who got together to share such things!

Thanks for the follow1