Thursday, August 6, 2009

FUSION Show

Many thanks to all who came out to the FUSION show and stopped by my booth. This show is always so much fun to do. The weather was questionable at first, but my husband looked it up online by the hour and by 5pm it was sunny. Sure enough, they were right and the evening turned out perfectly. I have yet to do that show without full sun. It's fun to watch people show up in their fancy outfits and even outrageous costumes. Yes, this is the place you can get away with it. All the while we were listening to broadway showtunes (this year's theme was "Give My Regards to Broadway" until the live auction began. Please check out what FUSION is all about at http://www.fusionfederalway.org/. It is a wonderful cause to get homeless women and children back on their feet again. They provide transitional housing for one year.

One highlight for me was my brand new earring displays courtesy of my husband. (thanks Honey) We repurposed some old shutter doors from the Reharvest Center in Tacoma, cut them in half, sanded and painted them black, put a back stand on them for support, and now I have a fabulous new display for my earring cards that hang perfectly. I can get many more pairs on display and it provides great height on my table. No more backaches trying to find that perfect pair! I'm trying to redo the look of my booth and make it more consistent. My goal is Euro-Gallery. How does that sound? I bet you've never seen it before. It all started with my Mona Lisa print that I put jewelry on and bring to every show. Everyone loves her and it brings many smiles from passers by. Her smile is even more clever now that she is sporting her jewels. You can see her at the bottom of my events page. http://www.sarahjaned.com/events.htm. I'll keep you posted on my booth. Next is Sumner Arts Festival. I'll be there Friday and Saturday this weekend 8/7...10-9pm and 8/8...10am-7pm.

No comments: