Tuesday, February 7, 2012

3 Reasons to Give up Soda

Just another reminder of what we already know...  http://www.rodale.com/soda-health-problems



This is a tough one for me as well. I love my Dr. Pepper,Vanilla Coke, Pepsi Lime and Ginger Beer, but I know it's true. Regular sodas have all the sugars and extra calories, while the Diet sodas have all the chemicals. There are no safe picks in the soda class. The carbonation also affects bone and teeth density. Many times I crave a caffeinated soda in the afternoon purely for the wakeup value after lunch. One healthier substitute I have found and really enjoy is Snapple's Green Tea Metabolism or Original Green Tea. I seem to only find it at Costco Business Center in Fife (not at the regular Costco locations). Not at all bitter, but not as sweet as many iced teas out there. It gives a caffeine and metabolism boost, and also helps clean your teeth. Try it out and leave me a comment.

No comments: