Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Family Balance

Hi there, sorry's it's been so long, but I promise I haven't (only) been eating bon bons on the couch. Took our annual trip to Spokane for a my husband's summer conference and Silverwood fun with the kids. Spokane is always a nice stop and is usually sunny and warm. The shopping is great, and we usually stay close to Riverfront Park, which has attractions all it's own. My youngest played at Hoopfest again this year - the world's largest 3-on-3 basketball tournament, bringing into town over 7,000 teams and almost 30,000 people. So much FUN!

I am always busy in my studio designing something new, filling internet orders, prepping for a show, dropping new items to my stores, mailing prizes to my FaceBook friends who won a giveaway, or sweating it out at my favorite bootcamp class that I hate to miss. But most importantly, I make time for what matters most- spending time with my best friend (the hubster), being a mom to two busy girls and watching them play in soccer tournaments this summer, taking time for BBQ's with family and friends, and always working on some house project along the way. Make time for the things you love most and keep that perspective up front. I like this quote that works both for fitness and finding general balance in life.
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely be worth it.” ― Harvey MacKay
What are your tips for achieving work/family balance? What are you doing with your family this year? I'd love to hear.

No comments: