Saturday, April 10, 2010

Grit and Determination

Just got an order for one of my most popular running necklaces from my GOTTA RUN collection (pink is the most requested color). Her husband was ordering as a Mother's Day gift for his wife. He told me that she wasn't always a runner. She had joined Weight Watchers and lost 50lbs. and now runs 5K's. I find that inspiring and just plain awesome! It just goes to show you that you should never doubt yourself when you have a big goal like this. It CAN be done with sheer grit and determination, consistency, discipline, patience and support from friends and family. The end result is life-changing in so many ways.

Someone at my gym once told me a quote that stuck with me. "When you're young, you sacrifice your health for wealth (no time to exercise-too busy at work). Then when you're old, you sacrifice your wealth for health." (insteading of enjoying your later years in good health, all your retirement money goes to medical expenses). Sadly, I've seen this happen too many times. It only serves to inspire me to try to keep myself in good health. And it's not always easy. Having a set time of day for exercise is crucial to success. If you have the appt. (on your calendar) it will happen. (at least most of the time). I used to work with a guy who would still go to the gym even when he was sick just to keep his workouts on track. I can't say I've done that, but I admired his discipline. Turn off the TV and put the chips away. Tie your shoe laces and at least go outside for a walk and some fresh air! Now, I've gotta run.........and make this necklace.

No comments: